Monday, July 07, 2008

Why, you don't say...

Last week, I zipped off to Boston and Chicago for a project (I landed in Raleigh on Saturday night at midnight from vacation in California and then boarded a plane at 2:00pm the next day to Boston for work).

While there, I was working with an external consultant for the client. The consultant and I chatted during our few days together, but I never once told her about my love for New York or my stint up there one summer. She had no back story, no idea what New York meant to me.

We were in Chicago one afternoon and were walking from the facility to the hotel. In the middle of the sidewalk, some "kids" decided to form a circle to better talk to one another. In the middle of the sidewalk.

So my colleague and the consultant paused and walked around the circle. I just walked through the circle. The consultant said to me, "You negotiated that like a New Yorker."

I glowed for a full day. I think I still may be glowing.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hahaha!

Hate to say it, but you're so freaking small I'm surprised the kids didn't kick your ass. HOwever, in true New Yorker fashion, you would have fought back. I just know it.

MonkeyGirl said...

I may be small, but I'm scrappy. You, of all people, as my true partner in crime, should know that! :)