Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Colbert sounds the call

I'm sort of a Stephen Colbert junkie. I watch his show religiously, I waste time on his website and I'm constantly amazed by the way he convinces people to support him in the most ridiculous ways - like naming a NASA space node after him.

But he also does some good with that following, like this latest endeavor: Donors Choose. You can go to the donors choose website, pick a branch of the military and donate to classrooms who are listed under that branch. These classrooms have children of servicemen/women and need some extra funding to help make small education projects come through.

It's really a great idea, and hits an important nerve with me - education. So check out the site and see what creative and interesting ideas our teachers are doing for our children. Then choose your favorite and donate. And, not that I'm partial with my father being a Marine Colonel, but donating in honor of the Marines would make things extra special!

No comments: