Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lisbon

I'm a little late about adding Lisbon to the list, but I ended my travels here. It's good to finally be home (and to be home for the holidays), but I really did enjoy my trip to Europe even though it could be a bit tiring at times.

Lisbon was the last city to visit and it was my favorite. People have called it the "San Francisco of Europe" which, I was told, was a bit pretentious of Americans. "Why don't they call it the Lisbon of America?" one Portguese friend asked me. Good point, except that we're the global super-power, not Europe. And we're cooler. And everyone wants to be like us. (Don't believe me? Just listen to the music...it's Katy Perry all day, every day).

Anyway, Lisbon is hilly and has a mini Golden Gate Bridge and is laid-back and beautiful and by the water. It's better than San Francisco. I loved the tile work on all the buildings. It's an easy city to walk around and if you haven't had their wine and pasteries, you haven't lived.

And yes, this last picture is an outdoor urinal on the side of a building. Did I mention Lisbon was my favorite city?

No comments: