Thursday, January 20, 2011

There's an app for that

I love reward cards. I love earning points for stuff that I'm buying anyway, only to redeem them later to save money or get other free things. It's one of the reasons that makes travel fun - the six hour flight to Europe is a little more bearable when I know that I'm earning airline miles. Sleeping weeks on end in a hotel is a bit more rewarding when I know I'm earning hotel points. If you've seen "Up In The Air", everything about they parody about earning miles is completely true.

The downside to having all those reward cards is that you end up with a big, fat wallet. Until now. I recently discovered KeyRing, an app that stores all your reward cards on your iphone/droid. It scans the barcode on the card, stores the rewards number and - voila! - virtual rewards card. This is the reason these phone were invented.

So I was at the Harris Teeter (grocery store) the other day and decided to try out my newly digitized VIP card. I opened the app, the clerk scanned the code and my savings began.

And the best part: my wallet can now snap shut.

1 comment:

usqureshi said...

thx for sharing this stuff kindly tell me about how i store this application in my i phone instead of many plastic cards......