Friday, September 14, 2007

I lead a boring life

Every year, my firm does an off-site, where we spend three days talking about the firm and having fun. And every year there's this tradition where they do "fun" (note the quotation marks) with the new hires from that year. One of them being the game "Three Truths and a Lie". This is the inane game some evil person made up, where you state three truths and a lie about yourself and everyone tries to guess the lie.

I say an evil person made it up because I can't think of one damn interesting thing about me. I lead a very boring life. I haven't done anything spectacular. No drama. No crazy adventure in Tibet. No skydiving over the hills of Kentucky. No chase from the KGB out of Russia. Nothing. Just a little piano. Some travel. And a random meeting with Tammy Faye.

At this same off-site, everyone tells a funny travel story (since we travel a lot). And they award a prize to the best/funniest travel story. Again, not a damn thing interesting has happened while I traveled. No crazy dash for the airplane. No being tagged as a security threat. No parachuting off of a plunging plane.

I got nothing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well then try something different, cause you've only got one life.