Sunday, March 23, 2008

Money, Money

I just couldn't do it. I was in a small boutique in Wilmington, hoping to find a few new additions to my wardrobe. With the warm weather, I've been itching to update my wardrobe and buy some new clothes.

So I picked up a soft t-shirt, with a pretty neckline and in a dark fuschia. Pretty and feminine. And all mine for a mere $72. For a t-shirt. I just couldn't do it.

I always asked myself if one day I would make enough money where I could stop looking at price tags. Where spending a few extra $50 on a t-shirt would be beans to me. The answer is...no.

Luckily, Scott and I are in a position where it wouldn't hurt us to spend $72 on a t-shirt. But I still can't bring myself to spend that much money on a t-shirt, or much any other piece of clothing. I think, no matter how much money I make, I will always look at the price tag and think twice about how much something is worth.

Maybe that makes me cheap (it probably does). But I can also think of many other things I'd rather spend that extra money on - things that are much more valuable to me than a soft, pretty t-shirt.

1 comment:

pogonip said...

Yep, me neither. If I bought it (in aqua not fuchsia) I'd probably splatter grease on it the next time I made spaghetti anyway! Plus, if I shopped long enough I'd probably find it on sale at Target.