Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Gastronomic Stimulus Plan

I'm in Boston this week for work, and besides it being the most frigid two days I've ever spent in March, I was excited to learn that it's restaurant week in Boston. This means that many of the more well-known (and pricier) restaurants offer a prix-fixe menu for a mere $33.09.

Last night, we went to Terramia, a quaint Italian restaurant in Boston's North End and it was delicious. Tonight, we went to Stephanie's on Newbury. Let's just say I'm stuffed.

I wish other cities, like Raleigh, would do something like this. It's such a great way to sample the menu, especially at restaurants you might not otherwise visit because it's too extravagant. But I feel that people might drop $33.09 to taste creations from a well-talked-about chef. And what a great way to stimulate the economy - and your tastebuds.

I'm all about food. Especially good food. And I defintely had some good eatin' up here. If only this trend would catch on down south...

2 comments:

bh said...

Try the Bull & Finch Pub (supposedly the inspiration for Cheers) - they had great burgers last time I was there...

Drew said...

Chicago does the same thing. Joanna and I have gone on a double date with Ceaser and Gregg the last two years to restaurants we would not normally have gone to. It is a great idea and a great way to go to expensive restaurants without paying a lot.