Sunday, March 22, 2009

Why, oh why?

I'm a few days late, but it's taken that long for me to even open my computer and face the harsh reality of Wake Forest's defeat.

I'm at a loss for words. My previous post talks about how we totally bit it in the ACC tourney, but I really thought the team would pull it together for the big dance. But, alas. Jeff Teague failed to play with any passion and the team as a whole couldn't make a shot to save it's place in the tournament. I've never even heard of Cleveland State before. Now I'll never forget them.

I've heard from several people that Wake has totally busted their brackets. But I knew this would happen. Following Wake basketball for the last nine years has taught me never to get my hopes up. It happened with Chris Paul. It happened with Jeff Teague. And I suspect it will happen next year again.

Oh, it's so hard to be a Wake fan.

3 comments:

Bluedog said...

At least you'll be able to witness Duke losing to 'Nova this week. I admit to being a Duke fan but they used their ninth life during the Texas game. Just think, you could be a Notre Dame alum and see your team go from a top ten ranking to not making the tournament.

X Curmudgeon said...

Yep, Georgetown was ranked #8 mid-season, and ended up losing in the first round of the NIT. It's all relative.

bh said...

They were a young team - reminded me of Matt Doherty's first team at NC - ranked #1 in early January and then hit a wall and had a terrible season from February on and lost in the ACC first round and second round of the NCAA.

They have good coaching and good talent. They will be a force in the conference years to come I bet.