Thursday, August 20, 2009

Very sneaky

Has anyone else recently noticed that prices on iTunes have suddenly changed? What once was $0.99 across the board has quietly risen to $1.29. At first, I thought this was just for the more popular songs, with artists trying to cash in on song popularity. But then I went to download "California Dreamin'", and noticed that it, too, was $1.29. Now, unless the Mamas and the Papas are making a sudden comeback, I'm guessing that iTunes is starting to make the jump for all songs.

It's funny, because 30 cents doesn't seem like that big of a deal. But psychology works in strange ways...I really find myself contemplating whether I NEED certain songs, because $1.29 seems like more of an investment than $0.99.

I get that with the cost of living increasing, the cost of songs must increase, too. But it seems a little sneaky. I think I would have been less shocked - and resistant to the price increase - if it was announced on iTunes. Just let me know that things are going to be a-changing.

1 comment:

Thomas Welsh said...

I believe that the prices went up for DRM-free songs.