Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Prima Donna

I've made a big decision. It's not quite official, but my mind is made up, so it's almost official - I'm going to be a ballerina.

That's right. Starting in January, I'll be taking ballet lessons. Lest you be surprised, remember that I used to be a ballerina when I was four, five and six, so I have some experience and background in the art. This will probably mean lots of ballet recitals, so for those friends who live in the area, be prepared to get invitations to my ballerina re-debut. And for those friends who don't live in the area, feel free to send roses. I like the pink ones. They'll match my new tutu.

These lessons are for adults in teens, so forget those images of me taking lessons with a bunch of four, five and six-year-olds. I'll be in the good company of other experienced ballerinas like myself.

So let the pirouettes, arabesques, and promenades begin! I'll be a ballerina, yet!

1 comment:

Martha said...

I love it!

I have a friend that recently started back to dance lessons. She took dance throughout high school, so she's not as far removed from it as you are.

However, as we all know, the body has a strange way of getting old on us. She was in pain the first few sessions...so be careful :)

And please send pictures of you in said pink tutu! And...if you get Scott into one of those man-leotards, that would be a funny (yet slightly uncomfortable) picture as well.