Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My DC Weekend

I never realized just how close DC is to Raleigh until I drove it this past weekend. I made it in less than 4 hours! The cherry blossoms were on their way out, but the swarms of tourists were still around.

My friend Kristen had a bachelorette party on Saturday, which was so much fun. One of my favorite parts of the night was smoking to hookah, which I've never done before. I never knew mango-flavored tobacco could be so fun! A few fun pictures of Kristen posing with her lingerie and of our beloved hookah. Everyone had a great time and I have to give props to Kristen...she did her fair share of drinking and still made it up for 8:30 am church! Who needs sleep when you have champagne and good friends?

While I was up in the city, I got to catch up with a friend I haven't seen since high school. We were really close back in the day, but as is the case with a lot of high school friends, we kind of lost touch over the years. Last December (2005), I had a b-school friend (who was an alumni of the same college she went to) look her e-mail up and we started getting back in touch. She got married in December 2006 and I was bummed that I couldn't go to the wedding. But we finally caught up in person this weekend! It's funny how so many things can change in your life and you feel as if you've changed with it, but in the end, you're the same as you always were. That's how I feel with Jana - she was the same person - same sweetness, same mannerisms - as always, but with a whole new life.

So now I have lots of reasons to get back up to DC...an old friend, a new-old friend, and lots of dead presidents!

No comments: