Friday, August 17, 2007

My favorite birthday present? A new house.

It's official...Scott and I are finally homeowners! I felt like a celebrity this morning, with so many people wanting my signature.

And, to celebrate, I'm finally posting a a few pictures of the house. We're really excited and Scott is already talking about what kind of lawn mower he wants to buy from Lowe's. For my part, I've made friends with the folks at Pottery Barn. I really should get a part time job there to help pay for all our too-near-in-the-future purchases.

We're celebrating my birthday in the new house (get your mind out of the gutter). Since all our furniture to date has been either hand-me-downs or cheap buys (which have all done their part well), we need to get all new furniture. So we have a date with some newspaper, measuring tape and scissors, to cut out furniture shapes and arrange them in the room. Happy 28th to me! :)

That being said, if anyone feels so inclined to send money as a housewarming gift, you can use our current address. We also accept PayPal.

Cheers to new homes and lots of debt! It's the American way, right?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats my fellow homo(wner) :)

When Craig and I were looking at houses, I kept telling people that they would never find anyone more excited about picking up a mortgage payment than yours truly!

Martha said...

I was wondering when the signing day was. Welcome to the wonderful world of home ownership/life-long debt :) Mortgage trivia: if you pay just one additional mortgage payment a month on a 30 year loan, you will pay the mortgage off 7-8 years early. Happy furnishing shopping! As for the lawn mower, we have a mulcher mower. Patrick likes it, except when the grass gets too long. My personal fav lawn maintenance item...the edger. I got one last year for my birthday...which I asked for :) Which reminds me, I still have to teach Jessica how to use hers :)

P.S. Email me with a good email addy for you. I think all I've got is your Duke email address, and you're not a student anymore! :) Oh yeah...and don't forget to include your new physical address!!!