Wednesday, August 29, 2007

When did I become old?

Sign #5: We are doing some research for American Eagle, whose target market is girls ages 15-25. Part of the study required the girls to test some new underwear fabric and they had to go online to rate the different undies that they tried. In order to increase the number ofrespondents who took the online questionnaire, we gave them a call to remind them about the study and to encourage them to go online.

The first number I called didn't ring. No, it played. That's right, I finally got to experience the new cell phone hype of having a song play to the dialer, instead of a ring tone. Avril Lavigne was the artist of choice. I almost hung up, totally confused, until I suddenly put it all together. Then I dialed another number. This time, a message came on, at least warning me to "enjoy the music while we connect your call." Then a band came on that I never even heard of.

Ah yes. The digital age, where not only do we have to wear our ipod headphones while walking from the car to the mall entrance, but we also get to hear music while we dial our friends' cell phones.

No comments: