Thursday, February 07, 2008

I am a fifth grader

So tonight I checked out the game show that everyone's been talking about - Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? I love this show! It's fun because it's not just random trivia, but stuff that you should know and it forces you to reach back in the annals of your mind to remember some of this stuff.

What's neat is that you realize how much more you know now than you did in 5th grade. Sure, maybe it's hard to remember off the top of your head which element, besides Bromine, is a liquid at room temperature. But most people can reason it out (Mercury). It's neat to see how you use other knowledge you've gained over the years to apply it back to the basics. It's not just regurgitation anymore.

On another fifth grade note, I need some advice. Is it so wrong that I love Miley Cyrus' new song "See You Again?" I'm going to be honest. It's been stuck in my head all day and I'm not upset about that. I'm thinking about downloading it from iTunes but am a little worried I may be end up on 20/20. I happened to run across Hannah Montana on TV the other day, and I found myself watching the entire episode. Miley's really cute and it's a pretty good show - for a 10-year-old.

See? This is what happens when writers go on strike!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I watch Hannah Montana too! She's on TV right as we're crawling into bed and one night Craig left it on and I couldn't sleep! I stayed up and watched it.

Ever since then, I always ask right as we're crawling into bed, "hey honey. Hannah tonight?"

:)