Friday, February 29, 2008

No more wisdom teeth

On Wednesday, I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. Do you think I'm any less wiser, now?

It was a much less painful experience than I anticipated. That's the worst part, I think - the anticipation. And then when it's all done, it doesn't turn out to be that bad. That's what they say about childbirth, too, but I'm not sure I'd take it that far.

No dry sockets. No excessive bleeding. Just mushy baby-like food and careful, careful brushing. I'm so ready just to bite down on a carrot or something! The crazy part is that the doctor told me no popcorn, sesame seeds, poppy seeds or peanuts for four months. Four months?! It takes that long for everything to completely heal? Wow. This was just four wisdom teeth coming out - imaging if it was much more serious surgery. Now I see why recovering takes so long. Scott, of course, is loving the no popcorn part because now he is justified in not sharing his popcorn with me at the movies!

So everything is good, which is great, because I'm leaving Sunday for a cross-country trip: New York City for the first half of the week and LA for the second half.

1 comment:

Malice Blackheart said...

I'm not sure I agree that the anticipation is worse than the pain, but I think we can agree it's good that it's finally over.