Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Voting Time

In just a few short days, North Carolina will be heading to the polls to cast its vote for a democrat presidential candidate. When news first broke that it may be North Carolina and Indiana - two states thought to be voting too late in the process to make a difference - who may determine the candidate, everyone here was all a tither.

But then it became the only thing we ever heard about. Now, I feel like North Carolinians are haggard and war-torn, tired of the pandering and ready for this whole thing to be over with. I concur. I'm ready for just two candidates.

Next Friday, North Carolina will also be holding other primaries other than the presidential one. Based on the signs I've seen at intersections, there's School Board, County Commissioner, Governor and State Senate. What exactly is a County Commissioner, anyway? And does anyone really care?

And the signs! I feel like we're running for high school Student Body President again. Colorful signs at every intersection shouting "Vote for me! Vote for me!" There are so many, I can't even remember who's running. It's all just a popularity contest, especially when no one even knows what your office does.

I'll be so glad when all this is over and the real fun begins!

No comments: