Thursday, April 03, 2008

When did I become old?

Reason #6: I was reading CNN.com today and came across the following story: New Kids on the Block Reuniting. In a nutshell, the NKOTB (New Kids on the Block) are getting back together, creating new music together. That, in itself, wasn't such a big deal, but the following statement in the article turned my blood cold:
The boy band New Kids on the Block, which sold 70 million albums in the 1980s and early '90s, has reunited and plans to release a new album and go on tour. The reunion comes 20 years after the release of the group's multiplatinum album, "Hangin' Tough."
I bolded the phrase in question. Twenty years? They had to be mistaken. So I quickly did the math...I'm 28 years old (going on 29), which would have made me eight or nine when the album came out, which would have put me in 4th grade. Yep, that's about right.

Twenty years? Seriously? I feel so old.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I still know the "hangin' tough" dance :)

"Hanin' tough. Yea. Hangin' tough...yeeaaahhhh."

Are you tough enough?

It's been 20 years? Thats insane.

Martha said...

Patrick told me about this yesterday. I love it! I still have my New Kids tapes (somewhere)! I love how they pointed out that they are all pushing 40. What!?! They will still be in their teens in my mind :) It's like realizing Ralph Macchio is pushing 50! I had all these guys all over my walls when I was a kid. The nostalgia is kicking in...I could go on for hours :) Man I loved New Kids on the Block!