Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Evangelize Me!

Driving to work today, I saw this license plate on the car in front of me:

LUV GSOS

It took me a moment. I even had to say it out loud to figure it out. But when I did, I had to chuckle.

I'm not a big fan of people evangelizing on license plates, bumper stickers, cars or billboards. In fact, I detest it. Somehow, I don't quite think God is looking down, proud of the fact that he is plastered on such things. That's not what religion and beliefs are all about. And does putting a fish icon on your car or a bible verse on a billboard really convert the masses? I can't quite imagine a non-Christian driving down I-40 and seeing this license plate and thinking, "You know, I wasn't sure before, but now I'm convinced. I love Gsos, too."

But I do have to give this guy points for creativity. Sadly, LUV JESUS was probably already taken. So he did the next best thing. I'm sure God is quite pleased.

No comments: