Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sweet Home Chicago

About two weeks ago, Scott and I took a jaunt to Chicago to see our friends Abby and Nathan. It was quite an exciting weekend. Between experiencing a Cubs game (vs. Pirates, Cubs won), walking around the Magnificent Mile, laughing at Second City, gambling at the Arlington Heights horse racetrack and stuffing our faces with sushi, we saw a lot of Chicago and had a great time!

A few pictures from the weekend. The sign in Japanese says (hopefully) Fukedome, which is one of the Cubs' players and whose shirt I was wearing. And the giant polished steel structure is what, I am told, Chicagoans affectionately refer to as "The Bean." You can see the Chicago skyline reflected.

Thank you, Abby and Nathan, for such a fun weekend!

2 comments:

Martha said...

What are you wearing!?! The color of your shirt seems to be wrong, and something's wrong with team name on it too! :)

MonkeyGirl said...

I know, I know...I had to jump ship, but only for that one game. For the record, I did rub it in Abby's face that the Cardinals beat the Cubs the following week (12-1, I think). Of course, she proceeded to tell me that the Cubs were still #1 in the league.

My heart will always be with the Cardinals! :)