Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fall is here! Fall is here!

Monday marked the official start of fall, and the cool weather couldn't be more on time. Monday was really our first day of cool weather and it seems like it's a little earlier than normal. Driving along the interstate this morning, I could make out just the faintest blushes of color on the trees. I guess the annual turning of the leaves has begun.

We got our first true taste of fall in Boston this past weekend. We were up there for my cousin's wedding and, after adjusting to 90+ degree heat in NC, the 70 degree weather in Boston was quite a shock to the system.

I love the very beginning of fall. There's something about the changing of the seasons that's exciting - the leaves turning colors, the approach of Halloween, the crisp apples and baked goods, squash soups and chunky sweaters. Of course, this excitement only lasts a few months and then I'm ready for summer again - the fresh veggies, grilling out, running around in shorts and a tank top. I guess the beginning of anything is always fresh and exciting and then looses it's luster after some time.

But for now, I'm excited about fall! I'm planning a full-out Halloween party (with costumes!) so that will keep me busy for awhile. I'm ready for the apple pies and warm soups!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Four seasons is what keeps me here in the midwest.

I could never live in FL where it's one reason all year!

I need the changes in the seasons- by the time I'm sick of tank tops and capris, it's sweater time!