Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oh, Baby!

The past couple of months have been littered with baby news and this month is no different. I now have five Fuqua friends that are pregnant and one college friend. Congrats to Joanna and Elizabeth who are the newest receipients of fertilized eggs.

I suspect by the end of the year, there will be a few more names to add to that list. I guess we've officially entered that phase in our lives when it's perfectly acceptable to start reproducing.

In all seriousness, I'm really happy for my friends. It's exciting to see these women whom I've known for several years and watch them grow into mothers. I get to watch a whole new transformation, becoming someone a little different, developing a side that I never knew about before or could previously imagine. Watching that transformation is such a special experience for a friend.

Heck, I knew Elizabeth as a wee college freshmen, when we bonded as roommate over having some of the same clothes. And now I get to watch her become this whole other person. We've come a long way, baby!

Congrats to all the newest carriers of life's creation! I'm not quite ready to join you all, but I'm available for babysitting anytime!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You and me both!

EVERYONE I know is getting preggers. Two college friends have emailed in the past 5 days with pregnancy news!

We're def at that stage of life :)