Monday, November 03, 2008

Go Vote!

Tomorrow is the big day. I don't think I've been this excited since 2000, when my college roommate and I tried to stay up all night to watch the election results, only to fall asleep at 2:00 am and wak up the next morning just as confused.

Just about everyone I know has early voted, but I'm waiting until tomorrow. There's something about voting on the actual day that is special and emotional. Yes, I'll probably have a long line, but isn't that part of the experience? Isn't it about sharing that energy with other voters, all waiting to exercise their moral obligation to vote? After all, not everyone in this world has that freedom, and I think it's special to be among our countrymen who are fortunate enough to have been born into a nation that values that freedom.

Plus, it'll be fun to get a free cup of coffee.

No comments: