Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I voted!

I hope everything has had a chance today to go out and vote. Fortunately, the there was no line at my polling place; I walked in and walked out.

I'm not particularly a big Carrie Underwood fan (country music isn't quite my thing), but I did love this quote from her in TV Guide. I've ranted about the media doing this before, but I also feel the same way about celebrities. In my opinion, celebrities aren't qualified to tell American voters how to vote and I think it's a little arrogant of them to think that their opinion should matter to the average American. Get over yourselves.

Carrie put it a bit more eloquently:

There is someone I do support, but I don't support publicly. I lose all respect for celebrities when they back a candidate. It's saying that the American public isn't smart enough to make their own decisions.

So today, don't listen to the media. Don't listen to well-paid celebrities. Don't listen to your friends or family. Make up your own mind. Decide for yourself and what you think is best for this country. And vote.

1 comment:

bh said...

You should be a campaign advisor - that was as well said as anyone could have said it.

I saw the Underwood thing earlier tonight too and I thought to myself "IT'S ABOUT TIME SOMEBODY SAID THAT." I agree that there has been too much endorsing by newspapers, magazines, celebs, and quasi-endorsements by virtually every major news network.

Either way, I continue to believe that the people are more powerful than any party and will do what it takes to get through any crisis - war, energy independence, credit and housing issues, etc.