Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Holidays on Ice, Part 2

Happy New Year!

It's crazy to think that another year has started...where has the time gone? But I'm excited about this new year - a fresh start for new convictions and new ideas. Both politically and personally, I'm interested to see where 2009 will bring us.

We started off the New Year by applying for the Darwin awards. Scott and I jaunted up to Galena, IL with Abby and Nathan and spent the week being pulled and whipped around in a saucer sled by a six-wheeler. There were a few crashings into trees and thorns, a few flings into the lake (which were frozen solid, fortunately) and a few tumbles (no cracked bones, fortunately). As always, a lot of fun, although it was so, so cold. I never knew my sinuses could hurt from the cold.

So here's to safe journeys and safer activities in the future...and to a happy and health New Year!

No comments: