Tuesday, June 19, 2007

One man's trash is another man's treasure

On Saturday, we had our yardsale. And we didn't do to shabby...$257. I was amazed at the things that sold - and didn't sell. Clearly, furniture is a big mover. Our old nightstand and dressers were among the first items to go. And clothes sold well, too. But the R5 golfbag went to Goodwill and the golf clubs didn't sell until the last hour. I guess our treasure was another man's trash.

But boy, does it feel good to have gotten rid of some stuff. My wardrobe has been cut by more than half and now you can actually get into our guest room closet. I think it's funny that while we want to reduce and minimize, other people were looking to add by coming to our yardsale. That's the beauty of a perfect market system, right? I'm all about getting rid of "stuff" and clearning out the clutter in my life. But even though we got rid of a lot of this "stuff", there still seem to be more "stuff" in our house. Do we really need all this "stuff?" I think our lives would be less complicated without all the clutter and nonsense that surrounds us.

With a new house on our minds, we keep on throwing things out and we keep an eye on not getting things that we don't need. I want to haul as little things as possible to our new abode and want to start fresh with clean lines and quality furniture, even if it means spending more and having less. Out with the old, and in the new (and few)!

No comments: