Saturday, July 07, 2007

The quickest negotiations...ever

We gave an offer on the house around 1:30 pm. We received a counter at about 3:00 pm. Scott and I discussed a counter at 3:15 pm. They called to confirm at 4:00 pm.

Scott and I are officially under contract with a house and are super excited! Just one step away from true home ownership. To celebrate, we did a Tour de Pottery Barn et Restoration Hardware, just to get some ideas.

The home inspection will hopefully take place next week. Barring any catastrophe, we'll close on August 17th! All these years of tearing out pages from home furnishings catalogs will hopefully pay off.

Today was definitely a lucky day. I don't know...the number 7 just may trump my lucky number 22!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Woo Hoo! Very exciting!

Congrats!

I've been working my tail off trying to get our house ready for Craig to move home. Today, rather than being a day of rest, is a day of hanging wooden blinds in the living room, moving desks from one room to another, and cleaning. Massive amounts of cleaning!