Sunday, July 22, 2007

WTF?

This week, I was in New York City for business. Our flights got in around 5:00 and, fortunately, we made it downtown and to our hotels before the steam explosion. By the time we heard about the explosion, it was in context, so we weren't frightened by the news. However, I read reports where people thought it was something on the scale of September 11 when it first happened. And who could blame them?

But, I ask, if that's the case, then what the hell are these people doing?


Seriously? You think we just had a terrorist explosion and you're busy busting out the cell phones and digital cameras so you can catch it all on film? How about getting the hell out of there?

People will never cease to amaze me. This happened on 43rd Street and my sister lives on 41st, so she was displaced for a bit, but is back in her home safe and sound. A big shout out to her for hosting me this weekend in her abestos-filled apartment! And another shout out to Carson for bringing us out for a night on the town...I believe that was the first time I ever boarded an airplane still drunk after pulling an all nighter. For the record, I drank my younger sister under the table!

1 comment:

Martha said...

In related news...also "WTF?"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290577,00.html