Friday, April 28, 2006

I closed my eyes in August, and when I opened them it was April

I am officially finished with my first year of classes! Just three "little" exams next week, and my first year will be over. I didn't believe people when they told me that the first year would fly by...I'm a believer now.

It's strange that during Spring, the season of renewals, there are so many closures. School years end. Goodbyes are said to friends. Favorite TV shows finish. It makes this time bittersweet - you're anticipating the rebirth and new things that will come, but are saddened by the many chapters that are closing.

I'm sure next year will fly by just as quickly, and that will probably be harder. But that's next year. Ages from now. Or maybe just 3 months.

One down.

1 comment:

mestler said...

Hey Laura, great to see you have a blog to. Amanda and I have the same picture of us and the frog from Charleston! We linked you up on our site. We should get together sometime soon, hope all is going well. -Jared