Monday, April 24, 2006

It wasn't me

I went to a wedding this past weekend and ran into people I haven't seen since college. Over the course of abbreviating the past five years, I mentioned that I'm currently getting my MBA at Duke University.

Prior to the last month, when I would say this, people would ask what I'm studying, where I'm interning, and other school small talk. However, this past weekend the response was a bit different.

Them: "So...the Duke Lacrosse team. What's going on there?"
Me: "I don't know. That's really the undergrad campus."
Them: "Oh. Do you need anything from the bar?"
Repeat 27 times.

For the record, I'm not on the Duke Lacrosse team. I didn't go to the Duke Lacrosse party on the night in question. I don't know any players on the Duke Lacrosse team. I don't even know what lacrosse is, besides it being a sport played by 46 guys.

Let's keep in mind three things:
1. These guys are innocent until proven guilty, regardless of the assumed direct correlation between the size of their parents' houses and the type of lawyer they can hire.
2. I do hope the guilty party, as found through trial, is punished.
3. If you watch the news, you probably know more about the case than I do.

Now...let's get back to me.

No comments: