Tuesday, April 18, 2006

When did I become old?

Sign #1: "Death Cab for Cutie" (one of my favorite bands) and "Franz Ferdinand" (one of my new favorite bands) came to Duke a few weeks ago. My hubby and I went to the concert, possibly being the only two married people there, and had a great time at the concert. Yeah, the bands were really good, but the best part was the running commentary between us about the college-age girls and their wardrobe. I'm not being catty, but either college girls have gotten a lot larger since I was in college (which wasn't THAT long ago), or they're wearing skimpier things today that show off their fat rolls. Back in my day, girls didn't dress so slutty.

Sign #2: At this same concert, during one of "Death Cabs" slower songs, the entire stadium filled with light. Light from lighters? No, light from cell phones. Hundreds and hundreds of cell phones. When did this become a trend? I can't wait until the day when it'll become cool again to use the lighter...it'll be so retro then!

Sign #3: As I've written before, I'm on a softball team, comprised of about 12 grad school students. Within the four weeks we've been playing, we've had groin injuries, arm injuries, and baseball-in-the-face injuries. Either we're all out of shape, or our bodies are getting old...or both.

I try to stay hip. I try to stay on top of the latest trends. I don't want to be the old mom one day that doesn't know how the work the ipod or know what TiVo is (both of which I've had to explain to MY mom). But slowly, I'm starting to see signs that I'm getting old. I need Ponce de Leon to come through for me!

1 comment:

MonkeyGirl said...

I have a saran wrap skirt. In blue.