Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My dirty little secret

I have a secret. Well, not so secret anymore since I'm about to spill it on the internet. My favorite part of doing laundry is picking the dryer lint off the lint guard. I love it. There's something about peeling it off in one piece and seeing how thick it got with all the days' laundry.

My friend thinks I'm weird because of this. But surely there are other people out there with a dryer lint fetish, as well. The best was when we got brand-new towels and washed and dried them for the first time - the lint was so thick that I had to stop the dryer twice to remove it so it didn't clog the system. And it was so soft!

I don't keep the lint. I throw it away. But it's just a nice finish to the laundry cycle. To wash and dry everything, not removing the lint between dryer loads, to see how much lint collected. I love lint!

3 comments:

MonkeyGirl said...

No - that's Scott's dirty little secret!

George Korein said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
George Korein said...

Lint harvest musical extravaganza

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y36lH8CY3c