Friday, September 15, 2006

Oh, this is the life!

Most people would jump at the chance to take a day-and-a-half off of work and enjoy themselves in the glorious city of Savannah. I know I would. Savannah is one of my favorite cities, at least in the U.S. And I did just that. Take a day-and-a-half off from school and fly down to this wonderful place to be in my best friend's wedding.

So, you ask, am I wandering the charming squares chandeliered by spanish moss growing in the tall oaks? Am I toasting in the cute pubs and bars that line Savannah's streets? Perhaps I am spending my Friday on the beaches of one of Savannah's tiny islands? No, my little friends. None of the above.

Instead, I am enjoying the inside of the Garden Hotel, stuck in my room as I attempt to finish a take-home midterm exam for Financial Statement Analysis. At this point, you may be asking yourself "Why did Laura, who hates numbers and loves the abstract, take Financial Statement Analysis?" My only answer has something to do with trying to be a well-rounded MBA graduate, which may or may not have been a fantasy induced by an opium-smoking hookah party.

So I have 2 hours to get as much done on this take-home midterm (which is due Monday) before the rehearsal. So no ghost-walks for me tonight. Just FSA, a church, and, oh yeah, lots of drinking. (In that order).

No comments: