Monday, September 25, 2006

Well, isn't that just special...

This past week Fuqua hosted a Mock MBA Games. Fuqua is the largest supporter of the Special Olympics of North Carolina, raising about $100,000 each year for the organization. We do this with several events throughout the year, culminating into the MBA Games, which is where we invite other business schools down to compete in field-day-type events. Think: Izzy Dizzy Bat, 50 meter dash, three legged race.

To kick off the season, we had a Mock MBA Games, where sections competed against each other. (The First Year class is divided into sections of about 70 students each, with whom you take all your first year classes...it's becomes like a little fraternity). As a Section 5 Alumni of sorts, I was one of the Second Year participants in the Mock MBA Games.

Sorry, there are no pictures posted here of me doing the Izzy Dizzy Bat Race (that picture would show me flat on my ass when I tumbled to the ground like a drunken sailor) or of the WheelBarrow Race (we rocked that one, but as the "wheelbarrow", I'm wondering if I gave everyone a good look down my shirt) or of the Tug O' War (enough said). But there is a picture of the SECTION 5 WINNING TEAM! Yes, we came in first place!

The little boy in the green was our Special Olympian. So sweet and super fast...he helped us win the 50 meter dash!

No comments: