Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hotlanta

I took a little road trip down to Atlanta this weekend to see my friend, Chris. He just moved down there this past summer, and I wanted to see his new digs...he bought his first house!

While there, we went to the Fox to see Spamalot, which was hysterical. I've never seen Monty Python's The Holy Grail (I know, I know...I lead a sheltered life), so I wasn't sure if I was going to totally get the humor in Spamalot. But I did - so funny and so well done. Well worth going to see if you get the chance!

While there's lots of great places to eat and fun bars and hangouts, Atlanta is expensive! Not only is the cost of food more, but everything there is valet parking. Plus, with all the cute boutiques around, you can't help but drop a few "dubs."

We ate at Varsity's (apparently, a Hotlanta establishment), where I had two chili cheese dogs. And in the afternoon, we went to the Coke museum, where we tasted Coke products from different countries and I discovered how ethnocentric I really am ("I can't believe they like this stuff in Italy! Gross!"...in my defense, it is disgusting).

A fun, fun weekend! (in the picture, L to R, Chris' friend, Brett, Chris' g-friend, Anne, me and Chris)

No comments: