Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Washington, DC in love

This past weekend, Scott and I went up to DC for a quick trip. We live so close to the city (about 4 1/2 hours), but we have seldom visited, so we decided the holidays might be a great time to get away for a bit and spend the weekend exploring.

We had such a fabulous time and have decided that we love DC...so much, so, that we might want to move there. Up until now, I've longed to live in NYC. I'm a city girl at heart and I love the chaos and the hustle and bustle of New York. But after visiting DC, I might be changing my mind. DC offers everything New York does, but has more charm and character. I love that you are constantly surrounded by American history and there's always a buzz of politics going on around you. People in DC were so friendly, the prices were no more expensive than they are in Raleigh and the city has all of the bustle, without any of the hustle.



Of course, I'd want to live in Georgetown, but I seemed to have misplaced the $2 million dollars I saved for a house.

It was great catching up with Kristen while we were town. We ate at a fun brunch spot in DuPont Circle (Kramer's Books) with her and chatted over coffee, eggs and waffles. Yum! And I recommend the Newseum - possible the best museum I have ever been in.

I think we're planning another trip to DC in the Spring. We just might be in love.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Before you move to a big city (especially DC), you should write down things about your life.

What you believe, how you feel about the fundamentals of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I know very few people that went into DC and then left years later and were still reasonable people.

My experience is that DC sucks out all reasonableness from a person.

I can't explain why, it just does.

And, you're much too reasonable to have that happen to you.

So, maybe write things down so you have a point of reference to look back on :)

I know what you mean, though, about enjoying the hussle of a city. I LOVED visiting NYC.

Growing up, I wanted to be Heather Locklear's character on Melrose Place. She was a high powered advertising executive and I pictured myself drawing up story boards and working late in a high rise building and then going out for a drink after securing a big deal with multimillion dollar company.

But, now I dream of coming home and cuddling up on the couch with some hot cocoa and deciding on which shoes we'll "catch up on" tonight :)

I love it!

Jessica said...

PS. That should read, "what shows we'll catch up on tonight" not "what shoes.."

:)

Jill said...

Thanks for commenting on my pictures of Bailey...he is the sweetest little dog :) I like your blog!! :) Today I found a little puppy that was abandoned so now I want to keep him!! He is so cute! I'll post some pics later and the whole story of how I found him later.