Friday, October 13, 2006

Mama Mia!

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for St. Louis, to visit my parents for a few days. While I'm looking forward to seeing them, and my sister, I'm not looking forward to the many comments my mother will make while I'm there. Maybe that's just what mothers do - make comments about their daughters - but I think my mother may be a little more critical than most. So here is a list of my predictions...and I'll let you know if they come true!

1) My mother will make a comment about my hair, about how long it's gotten. Personally, I like my hair long. And I bet my dad will, too. But my mother doesn't like long hair. It "drags down your face" as she likes to say. I even predict she'll "offer" to make me a hair appointment while I'm home, so I can get it cut.

2) She'll complain about how skinny I am, and forcefeed me. Maybe that's just because she's Italian.

3) ...and then she'll "mention" how large my ass has gotten. I can't counter here. It has gotten big.

4) She'll inevitably point out the dark circles around my eyes and try to get me to bed early. This actually may not be a bad thing...I could use more sleep!

Oh, the joys of going home!

No comments: