Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sleep, fame and corporate finance

It's official! My first term of my second year is over. I just walked out of my Corporate Finance exam, and I am forever finished with that class! But for those of you who are fretting that they will no longer be able to hear me gripe about Corporate Finance, fret no more. Next term I will be taking Entreprenuerial Finance, and since I cannot spell entreprenuerial, it will hereafter be referred to as Ent. Fin. So more griping is on the way!

The one fun thing that came out of exam week had to be the Financial Statement Analysis exam. You can add an extra 0.09 seconds of fame on to my clock. A few weeks ago, I may have made a mention in the Fuqua Times about how I decided to take FSA while smoking opium at a hookah party. Apparently, our FSA professor also reads the Fuqua Times and got a kick out of this, showing it off to every FSA section one week. A barrel of laughs. Well, he decided to have the last laugh and name a "company" after me in one of the FSA exam problems...Laura's Pipe Dreams. Yes, I now have my very own FSA problem that will go down in the annals of Fuqua Accounting history!

And, lastly, it appears that the scientific community agrees with my sleep assessment, which I bemoaned in my last posting. My friend, Lisa, (and yes, Lisa, that is the appropriate use of commas) sent me this link. So sleep soundly...it's good for you!

No comments: