Monday, October 30, 2006

Time flies when you're...oh, wait

Wow...I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. I'd say time flies when you're having fun, but you all get it by now.

I spent the weekend in Chicago, at the Net Impact Conference, which was very interesting. The conference focused on social issues in both non-and-for-profits and I went to some really great panels and sessions that focused on education and the environment. There are companies out there that are doing amazing things when it comes to business and the environment, which gives me a little hope that are planet is not going to hell in a handbasket. At least, not yet.

The conference opened my eyes to a lot of issues and reaffirmed that I really want to explore the non-profit space. The issue now is just how. It's so difficult to break into this area and I feel that I need more time to network and really get to know the organizations that are in the area. Maybe I start somewhere else and work my way to a non-profit or foundation. We'll see...

Another great thing about the weekend, besides the wonderful conference and cold, windy weather, was seeing Abby. Granted, it's only been a few months, but that's a long time in Abby-years. If only we lived closer to each other. Maybe someday. We'll see...

No comments: