Monday, June 12, 2006

He said She said; She said She didn't say...

Not that I'm really following the Duke Lacrosse story much (see my previous posts), but when the story makes CNN news on a regular basis, it's hard not to notice what's going on. Not only is this one of the most bungled legal operations I've ever heard of, aside from the OJ Simpson trial, but it's not doing much for the North's stereotypical assessments of the South. Since the college kids are all north of the Mason-Dixon line, you can bet that northerns are watching this story and making their own interpretations. And you can bet they're not good.

No DNA. No witnesses. Alibis and passed lie detector tests for the charged. And now, this. But I guess this trial did do one thing right - it got the DA re-elected. Oh, and it made Duke a household name. I wonder if this will increase admission applications...

No comments: