Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I take it back

...it's not Carolina players that are the pansies. Or even, I hate to admit it, the French ones. No, the pansy award has to go to the Duke players this time. In particular, J. J. Redick. Making it par for the course this year for Duke, Mr. Redick was arrested after he tried to avoid a checkpoint and failed a sobriety test.

What gives people (any people) the right to act like complete wads when they get a little bit of fame and power? I realize that people drink and drive all the time, unfortunately, but when you have so much riding on your career and your life, why don't these people stop and THINK. Hopefully, that's the end of J.J's first round draft pick. If anything, I hope it shows people who have had a little dose of fame that they need to THINK before they do something dumb.

Do you think, when J.J. got arrested, he cried like a baby, just like he did when his team lost in the NCAA? I bet he did.

No comments: