Friday, June 02, 2006

CT or Bust

I'm off to Connecticut this morning, to finally start my summer. I'm a little nervous about the internship, as I think anyone is with a new job, but the hardest part about this summer will be leaving Scott. When the summer seemed so far away, I was excited about moving someplace new (especially up north!) and kind of being on my own again. But once the date got closer, I realize that I'm more emotionally dependent on Scott than I thought. Does that sound 1950s?

Aren't we, as modern women, supposed to be strong on our own, without depending on a man? Aren't we supposed to push for our own careers, and not bow to the demands of our husbands'? Where's the line between inner strength and and mutual dependence? Maybe that's the key to a good marriage - to be dependent on each other, even you can be independent if you have to.

So I'm off to be independent again for awhile, but I'm still (and always will be) emotionally dependent on Scott. This summer will be lots of fun, but I'll miss being with him all the time.

So, Cheers! Here's to a fun summer in Connecticut, a successful internship, and love.

No comments: