Monday, July 10, 2006

Goodbye, Farewell, Alvederzane, Goodnight

As many of you know by now, or maybe you don't if you live in a hole, the World Cup is officially over. The winner is....Italy. I know, not quite the Brazil or Germany or 26 other countries you were expecting. But it is better than Iran. We don't want to give them too much confidence, if you know what I mean.

Rather than recapping the exciting final game, I'll let you read about it on Martha's post. She did a good and hilarious job summing it up. Plus, she gives me a shout out, so I'm giving a shout back. Holla!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found you through Grapefruits and Grosgrain... nice blog :) Not that it's a big deal or anything, but just thought I'd point it out... the correct way to spell "goodbye" in German is Auf Wiedersehen... but your version is cute and close enough ;)

Sara

MonkeyGirl said...

Thank you! And thanks for the correct spelling. I've always wondered what the correct version was. Now it makes perfect sense when Heidi Klum says "You're Auf'd" on Project Runway. I'll have to remember this spelling...