Sunday, July 23, 2006

Who needs cotton when you have NYC?

Two years. Two years! Scott and I have been married for two years. I guess time really does fly when you're having fun.

Our anniversary weekend, despite the lamenting from the previous post, turned out to be pretty darn good. Even though his flight didn't get in until noon on Saturday, Scott arrived safe and sound and we had plenty of time to just enjoy the city and each other. Just when I get used to us being apart this summer, he comes to visit and then it gets hard to be away all over again.

We ate at Asia de Cuba for dinner (on 38th and Madison), which was delish and the atmosphere was very New York City. We went to Avenue Q, which was hilarious, if not a little raunchy and totally off-color. Which made the 2 and a half hour sit bearable for Scott. Then this morning, we jogged through Central Park, ate brunch at a little cafe in SoHo, had our traditional coffee and pasteries at Ferrara's and then said our goodbyes.

The Library Hotel, where we spent the night, was fabulous. I saw this featured on The Travel Channel a few years ago, and have been trying to get there every since. The people there were great and the rooms and decor fab. I think it may be a new favorite and maybe a new tradition every time we visit NYC.

Our trip was our present to each other - so no cotton for our second. What do you do with cotton, anyway? Of course, maybe my new $147 jeans count. Although next year is leather...I wonder how imaginative people have gotten with that one in the past. Hmm...

1 comment:

MonkeyGirl said...

Thank you! I like your motto...I'll keep it in mind next time!