Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Not that I care...

I never really cared about celebrity life until I started business school. For some reason, everyone I hang out with at business school is obsessed with what's going on with famous people. They read People. They check out crazy celebrity websites. They care.

I never used to care before. But now I find myself checking out The Superficial and reading up on the latest news on CNN or MSNBC. I don't know why. Maybe because it's a nice distraction from real life. Or because these people are so bizarre, it's impossible not to look at the freak show that is their life. I think it just makes us feel better about ourselves.

So I don't really care that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes may have a mutant baby and are trying to hide her from the world. Or that Lindsey Lohen has the worse fashion sense ever. Or that every woman celebrity lately looks like a BRAT doll - with skinny bodies and huge heads. Really, I don't.

Check out this website, courtesy of Elizabeth. It's pretty funny and will give you a good dose of celebrity realism. Something we all could use.

1 comment:

What to Get Your Woman said...

Seriously, intelligent people read People! And watch reality shows too, but that's another story.....Love your blog! :)