Thursday, July 27, 2006

What the Trump?

For those who watched Project Runway last night, can somebody please tell me what Ivanka Trump was doing on the show? Did she suddenly become a fashionista when I wasn't looking? I can understand why the editor of Elle magazine is a judge, and why Vera Wang has - what seems to be - a semi-permanent role as judge, but Ivanka? Just because Daddy owns Ms. Universe doesn't mean you get special priviledges.

If you didn't catch the show, it was pretty good. The cute little dogs on the show were half the fun. The skinny-legged jeans that Heidi was wearing at the beginning of the show - not so fun. And can someone please tell Vera to get a stylist to do her hair? And maybe a dab of rouge? The poor lady looks like my grandmother in a housedress. If my grandmother was Asian.

Elizabeth got me into this season's show, and now I'm hooked. Half the fun is the running commentary we have during the show, complete with impressions of most of the contestants. If you haven't seen this season yet, it's not to late to take a hit off the crack pipe - Wednesdays at 10 on Bravo.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Speaking of Miss Universe and Project Runway...do you know if Miss USA (or America, I forget which one goes to Miss Universe) actually wore the dress that she picked out on the show? I looked at evening gown pictures on the Miss Universe website, and she had on a red number.

MonkeyGirl said...

Hi Martha! She did, in fact, wear the dress, and it looked great on her. Even Carson, one of the Fab Five who had running commentary during the pageant, commented on how the dress made her look taller, which was one of the design goals of the dress. It was no chain mail, as Puerto Rico sported, but it was classy and refined. Go Tara!